[squeak-dev] Distinguishing temp vars and arguments via DebuggerMap?

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Sep 27 18:24:44 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I just found a bug in my context-dependent styling commit (ShoutCore-ct.66)<http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ShoutCore-ct-66-mcz-td5101898.html>. In BlockContexts, it does not detect arguments correctly:

[cid:e66f5cee-80dc-4a4f-bfc3-4b0b6ecc41e3]

(For accessibility: Only a1 is marked as blue correctly. The other vars are all styled gray.)

The current implementation is actually quite hard-coded to extract the first context numArgs elements from context tempNames. The latter returns both all temp vars' and all arguments' names. I searched some time around but could not found any possibility to distinguish between temp vars and arguments using the Context or DebuggerMap. Did I miss something? Or is there really no getting around it to analyze the decompiled source again?

Best,

Christoph