[squeak-dev] Ask objects to group themselves by similar meanings of words....

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat Apr 4 12:36:23 UTC 2020

Herbert, that looks like fun and a wonderful addition to the mental toolbox.

I am at my factoryvjpb until Monday. I will touch base then or Tuesday.

Thx

---- On Sat, 04 Apr 2020 05:53:13 -0400 herbertkoenig at gmx.net wrote ----

Hi,

I used this for mapping comments from testers to error causes (soldering, supplier.....) in production of electronics. I achieved a recognition rate 80% which was good because the computer looked at 100% of the comments, humans (= me :-) at 1%.

It's shaky, and slow and depends a lot on deciding of the similarity criterion and mapping the text input to floats. 1250 trainings samples, 1200 Neurons 280 inputs (known words) each take 15 minutes to train. The code is from 2007 and I remember running it over night because hardware was slower back when.

Also it was not pure SOFM. Lots of fun thou.

Anyway gettimothy if you want to give it a try, we can talk and I can share code.

Cheers,

Herbert