[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Compiler-nice.427.mcz

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Apr 17 11:43:36 UTC 2020

Hi Nicolas,

is this a duplicate of fix caseerror.1.cs (http://forum.world.st/Problems-with-caseError-tp5111930p5112255.html)?

Best,

Christoph

<http://www.hpi.de/>
________________________________
Von: Squeak-dev <squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org> im Auftrag von commits at source.squeak.org <commits at source.squeak.org>
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. April 2020 12:52:18
An: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Betreff: [squeak-dev] The Inbox: Compiler-nice.427.mcz

Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Compiler to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Compiler-nice.427.mcz

Name: Compiler-nice.427
Author: nice
Time: 17 April 2020, 12:52:15.465993 pm
UUID: 1ea19d4a-47f4-4c94-8fef-2b43c99f2b04
Ancestors: Compiler-ct.426

Fixup: caseError must be sent to the receiver of the caseOf: message, not to the receiver of the home method.

For this, we must also dup/pop in the last case whenever there is no otherwise argument.

TODO: also fix the Decompiler...

=============== Diff against Compiler-ct.426 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>emitCodeForCase:encoder:value: (in category 'code generation') -----
  emitCodeForCase: stack encoder: encoder value: forValue

         | braceNode sizeStream allReturn |
         forValue ifFalse:
                 [^super emitCodeForEffect: stack encoder: encoder].
         braceNode := arguments first.
         sizeStream := ReadStream on: sizes.
         receiver emitCodeForValue: stack encoder: encoder.
         "There must be at least one branch around the otherwise/caseError
           so the decompiler can identify the end of the otherwise/caseError."
         allReturn := true. "assume every case ends with a return"
         braceNode casesForwardDo:
                 [:keyNode :valueNode :last | | thenSize elseSize |
                 thenSize := sizeStream next.
                 elseSize := sizeStream next.
+                (last and: [arguments size = 2]) ifFalse: [encoder genDup. stack push: 1].
-                last ifFalse: [encoder genDup. stack push: 1].
                 keyNode emitCodeForEvaluatedValue: stack encoder: encoder.
                 keyNode pc: encoder nextPC.
                 equalNode emitCode: stack args: 1 encoder: encoder.
                 self emitCodeForBranchOn: false dist: thenSize pop: stack encoder: encoder.
+                (last and: [arguments size = 2]) ifFalse: [encoder genPop. stack pop: 1].
-                last ifFalse: [encoder genPop. stack pop: 1].
                 valueNode emitCodeForEvaluatedValue: stack encoder: encoder.
+                (last and: [arguments size = 2]) ifTrue: [stack pop: 1].
-                last ifTrue: [stack pop: 1].
                 valueNode returns ifFalse:
                         [self emitCodeForJump: elseSize encoder: encoder.
                          allReturn := false].
                 (last and: [allReturn]) ifTrue:
                         [self emitCodeForJump: elseSize encoder: encoder]].
         arguments size = 2
                 ifTrue:
                         [arguments last emitCodeForEvaluatedValue: stack encoder: encoder] "otherwise: [...]"
                 ifFalse:
+                        ["the receiver of caseOf: has been previously dup, just send"
-                        [NodeSelf emitCodeForValue: stack encoder: encoder.
                         caseErrorNode emitCode: stack args: 0 encoder: encoder]!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: MessageNode>>sizeCodeForCase:value: (in category 'code generation') -----
  sizeCodeForCase: encoder value: forValue

         | braceNode sizeIndex elseSize allReturn |
         forValue not ifTrue:
                 [^super sizeCodeForEffect: encoder].
         equalNode := encoder encodeSelector: #=.
         braceNode := arguments first.
         sizes := Array new: 2 * braceNode numElements.
         sizeIndex := sizes size.
         elseSize := arguments size = 2
                 ifTrue:
                         [arguments last sizeCodeForEvaluatedValue: encoder] "otherwise: [...]"
                 ifFalse:
                         [caseErrorNode := encoder encodeSelector: #caseError.
+                         "Assume that the receiver of caseOf: has been dup"
+                        (caseErrorNode sizeCode: encoder args: 0 super: false)]. "self caseError"
-                         (NodeSelf sizeCodeForValue: encoder)
-                         + (caseErrorNode sizeCode: encoder args: 0 super: false)]. "self caseError"
         "There must be at least one branch around the otherwise/caseError
           so the decompiler can identify the end of the otherwise/caseError."
         allReturn := true. "assume every case ends with a return"
         braceNode casesForwardDo:
                 [:keyNode :valueNode :last |
                 valueNode returns ifFalse: [allReturn := false]].
         braceNode casesReverseDo:
                 [:keyNode :valueNode :last | | thenSize |
                 sizes at: sizeIndex put: elseSize.
                 thenSize := valueNode sizeCodeForEvaluatedValue: encoder.
+                (last and: [arguments size = 2]) ifFalse: [thenSize := thenSize + encoder sizePop].
-                last ifFalse: [thenSize := thenSize + encoder sizePop].
                 valueNode returns ifFalse: [thenSize := thenSize + (self sizeCode: encoder forJump: elseSize)].
                 (last and: [allReturn]) ifTrue: [thenSize := thenSize + (self sizeCode: encoder forJump: elseSize)].
                 sizes at: sizeIndex-1 put: thenSize.
+                (last and: [arguments size = 2]) ifFalse: [elseSize := elseSize + encoder sizeDup].
-                last ifFalse: [elseSize := elseSize + encoder sizeDup].
                 elseSize := elseSize
                                         + (keyNode sizeCodeForEvaluatedValue: encoder)
                                         + (equalNode sizeCode: encoder args: 1 super: false)
                                         + (self sizeCode: encoder forBranchOn: false dist: thenSize)
                                         + thenSize.
                 sizeIndex := sizeIndex - 2].
         ^(receiver sizeCodeForValue: encoder) + elseSize!