[squeak-dev] Accessing temp variables bindings in a BlockClosure

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sun Apr 19 21:56:25 UTC 2020

> But I agree that these are no nice solutions at all. I suppose the point
> is that in contrast to literal bindings, temporary variables are never
> actually stored as bindings in the block method. For what purpose do you
> need the bindings?

For inspection - I would like the var names to appear in the explorer as
the keys (instead of the #basicAt: indexes).

The code I am dealing with at the moment is choke-full of nested blocks,
and it is a pain to see the values of the temp vars in the closures. I
am hacking a modified Explorer to better display this particular info,
but I'm having a hard time...

Stef