[squeak-dev] [Newbies] Morphic multiple select methods for move to method category

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Apr 25 17:33:01 UTC 2020

> On 2020-04-25, at 5:22 AM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> Concerning the "What to show" question, we could simply display nothing and accept nothing if multiple methods are selected. Or just display something like "3 methods selected" in the code pane, and maybe a list of links to every single method.

I'd stick with a simple 'multiple methods selected' banner I think.

> Don't forget that a Browser's code pane already has a few different meanings, such as method source code, class definition, class comment, class hierarchy, method categories, reorganization, ... :-)

Exactly. And let's not forget that we could reasonably change the pane to be whatever makes the most sense for the display setting. Why not a live directory-like tree when showing the hierarchy and allow selecting to update the browser selection? Or single-click to select (multi-select?) and d-click to do the update the browser selection. Then we could select several classes and drag them to a changelist/filer/whatever.  For class comments we could reasonably have a pretty-text pane instead of a code-pane, allowing for more documentary styling and layout - which in turn might collaborate with the help browser system.

tim
Homeopathy: Logic diluted, to make it stronger....