[squeak-dev] GIFs and the Color black

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Aug 9 16:47:38 UTC 2020

> On 2020-08-09, at 12:24 AM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think Color r: 0.0 g: 0.0 b: 0.0 was/is reserved for transparency in forms with less than 32 bit depth, eg. no alpha channel

Yup. It was done that way a loooooooooong time ago for what seemed like good reasons at the time. Digging through the maillist archives probably more than 20 years would find the discussions.

I suppose the question is whether it is really still a good idea, and if not, could we fix it?

tim
If you don't pay the exorcist do you get repossessed?