[squeak-dev] Squeak6.0 alpha, install, add additional stuff--Metacello, Git, OSProcess, Grift, Malfeascance, etc fails due to smaltalkhub be bye-bye

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Wed Aug 12 00:32:18 UTC 2020

No worries with timeliness, Dale!  Thanks for your help.  I understand time pressures and priorities.

Knowing that there's no master branch now should help.  (I had gotten that idea from the docs[1] so maybe I can update those.)  This suggests to me that squeak branch(es) will, eventually, need to evaluate & merge in code from other platform branches.

I think our task right now will be to make sure that the FileTree code Squeak currently pulls is the latest it can possibly be.  If that brings in @kronos's 2016 commits, at least, we're better off than we were.  After that we can look at adopting/merging commits from other platforms if desired.

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/master/doc/Contribute.md#branching <https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/blob/master/doc/Contribute.md#branching>