[squeak-dev] Fwd: Squeak6.0 alpha, install, add additional stuff--Metacello, Git, OSProcess, Grift, Malfeascance, etc fails due to smaltalkhub be bye-bye

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Aug 12 12:15:52 UTC 2020

Hi

The Seasude compatability layer  will address portability between pharo to squeak;  my interest is that I like Seaside on Squeak but thevPharo team do not want to, and should not want to , imho, maintain Squeak compatability.

>From this thread, I read that task depends on Filetree,, which I have no understanding of, but, I will delve into that to support  flawless Seaside support on Squeak.

Hth.

---- On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 16:30:06 -0400 dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com wrote ----

Not quite sure what you mean by "Seaside compat" ...

Perhaps you are referring to the disk format? Filetree supports multiple disk formats and not storing Monticello meta data is one format. Since 2012 I think there have been something like 10 (slightly) different disk formats and probably 6 of them occurred during the first 6 months of Filetrees life ... the others evolved across the last decade ... so there isn't just one disk format that needs to be supported  ...

With that said, I can help provide examples and pointers to code (modulo my current work load:).

Dale