[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Graphics-ct.437.mcz

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Mon Aug 24 12:25:12 UTC 2020

> In my opinion, the integer/float arithmetic of Point and Rectangle is
> not really clear
Indeed.

In my own images I have implemented #preciseCenter: and similar methods
both in Pont and Rectangle to bypass rounding and work with floats.

But I do not think that transitioning to an overall new convention (like
getting rid of rounding altogether) is going to be safe. A lot of
morphic code assumes that rectangles are always about pixels and expect
their dimensions to be integers.

Stef