[squeak-dev] Letting the VM run multiple image formats

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 12:28:03 UTC 2020

On 08/02/20 12:37 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> As long as each flavor of VM is installed in a distict directory under
> /usr/local/lib/squeak, and as long as the run scripts that point to
> those directories have distinct names in /usr/local/bin, then the
> selection of a correct VM executable for any given image format is
> handled from a single shell script. I call it /usr/local/bin/run on
> my PC, hence "$ run squeak.image" for any flavor of squeak.image.

The default prefix path should be changed to something like
$HOME/.squeak or $HOME/.config/squeak so that default installations will
not require root permission.

Package maintainers can always override this default to distro-specific
paths while building system-wide installable packages.

Regards .. Subbu