[squeak-dev] [Bug & design issue] Messages understood or not understood by ProtoObject

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sat Feb 15 16:49:27 UTC 2020

Am Sa., 15. Feb. 2020 um 16:56 Uhr schrieb Thiede, Christoph
<Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:

> > Not sendTo: instead of sentTo:? ;-)
>
> This was the first mention of #sentTo: in this thread :)

Sorry, I misread. I was referring to the tip you got from Marcel, but
now I see it uses sendTo: already. Lucky for me, we do not also have a
sentDo: ...

> Sounds like a mirror problem again? Perfect decorators can be nested with arbitrary depth. What should be the return value of (EasterDecorator on: (ChristmasDecorator on: Object new)) undecorated?

It depends of course. :-) In my case #undecorated used to strip them
all off, answering the Object at the core. But I think that design was
never perfect anyway. Ideally I would not have had the need to
undecorate anything, right?