[squeak-dev] The Inbox: PreferenceBrowser-dtl.99.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Feb 16 01:38:09 UTC 2020

> On 2020-02-15, at 5:09 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> I just noticed that the preference wizard for setting up Squeak 5.3
> invites the user to install a Metacello configuration that was intended
> to accommodate some earlier Pharo version, which naturally is obsolete
> anyhow. I'd like to fix this for the Squeak release.

Definitely fix it. Bugs is what we crush at this stage.

I'm a bit puzzled why loading metacello would included in the initial setup whizzard though; it seems a bit 'advanced' (maybe not the right term) to be in something to help newcomers get started.

tim
Asking whether machines can think is like asking whether submarines can swim.