[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-mt.1624.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 17 19:05:05 UTC 2020

> On 2020-02-17, at 10:59 AM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> Hm, it would be also nice if the menu items could implement #applyUserInterfaceTheme properly ...
>
> <pastedImage.png>
>
> By the way: The indent of labels next to symbols is hard-coded and not the same for icons and markers (see MenuItemMorph >> drawLabelOn:). We currently don't have any mechanism for centering all icons horizontally and all labels to the left, do we?

Do people actually like having icons stuck in their menus? It never seemed like much of a good idea to me; so many menu entries have no reasonable iconic representation, the size of the icons really needs to be carefully constrained in order to not make a messy visual (look at what the inspect/explore lines do in your image), very few icons are well designed, it can drastically slow down menu rendering... really not something I like.

tim
Strange OpCodes: EROS: Erase Read-Only Storage