[squeak-dev] Brief update on the Squeak 5.3 release schedule

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Feb 20 14:52:33 UTC 2020

Hi all!

We are currently packaging RC1, which will be the first (and maybe only) release candidate of Squeak 5.3.

Due to recent discussions on the list, here are some infos from yesterday's board meeting:

- Release VM will beĀ 201912311458 if there is no veto
- No new sources file for 5.3; so slightly bigger changes file compared to 5.2
- No update of the localization files ("locale") due to time constraints
- Same Linux directory structure as in 5.2 (compact bin/shared in Linux bundle; resources/bin/lib/squeak in all-in-one bundle) due to time constraints
- Next Trunk version will be 6.0alpha ;-)

So, we want to keep the CI infrastructure as is and push the release out as soon as possible. :-)

***

If we overlooked important fixes from the Inbox, please speak up now! :-)

Best,
Marcel