[squeak-dev] Emergency evaluator due to MNU in hasContentsInExplorer

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Feb 22 21:13:17 UTC 2020

Hi Jakob,

I can't quite see what's going on here, but if you think that
you may be able to reproduce the failure, then try adding an
MVC project as a parent of the Morphic (or AnimMorphicProject)
that you are in while doing the update. When the failure happens,
the system will try to open a debugger in the MVC project (see
Project>>primitiveError:).

If that works, then you will be able to work with a real debugger
rather than the emergency evaluator.

There is probably some recursive error going on here, and you
should be able to find it if you can get into a debugger. I'll
note that the MNU at the top of the stack seems odd to me, I
can't quite figure out where that would be coming from, but I
wonder if the #errorMessage is nil for some reason? I still can't
see where the #notEmpty send is coming from though.

HTH,
Dave