[squeak-dev] [Vm-dev] Bug in PolygonMorph>>#filledForm

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Sun Feb 23 12:42:50 UTC 2020

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 1:48 AM tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> Well, that's interesting. The bug is different on a Raspberry Pi (I was
hoping non-existent) because the bitblt code is quite different as a result
of the Pi Foundation paying to get much faster ARM assembler blt code
written.
> Same sort of pattern but not identical. Sigh. This will be 'fun' to
investigate.

Hi Tim,
Seems very similar to this:
[image: image.png]

This is what it looked like on GraalSqueak without the fix. Note that
GraalSqueak's BitBlt is written in Java, so it cannot read past forms etc.
Maybe this is also the case on ARM for some reason?

Fabio