[squeak-dev] Trouble with browsing methods

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Feb 23 16:58:33 UTC 2020

Hi all,

in addition to Tools-ct.944, I think there might be some mess regarding browsing method versions.

At the moment, VersionsBrowser class >> #browseVersionsForClass:selector: raises an error if a selector is passed that had been removed from its class again.
To success, you need to call ToolSet class >> #browseVersionsOf:selector: instead.
Is this intended behavior or should we maybe clean up some dependencies and move the call to #methodInfoFromRemoval: into VersionsBrowser class?
Moreover, ChangeSorter >> #browseVersions reinvents this wheel. Should we parametrize one of the above messages with another #changeSet: parameter?

Best,
Christoph