[squeak-dev] Brief update on the Squeak 5.3 release schedule

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Feb 24 09:48:15 UTC 2020

Hi Jakob, hi all!

> What about the endless debugger issues? Have any of the proposed fixes (mostly by Christoph) been reviewed and accepted? If not, will it happen before the release?

The proposed fix will not be included in the 5.3 release because we are short on the side of automated tests for the debugger.

While "step over #yield: in generator" is not a new bug (see Squeak 4.3 for example), I agree that it got worse because [cmd]+[dot] is not working anymore. Btw: "step over an object-as-method call" has never been working either ;-)

I will mention this issue in the release notes.

Sorry for any inconvenience cause by this decision.

Best,
Marcel

Am 24.02.2020 08:58:29 schrieb Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:

> On Feb 23, 2020, at 6:20 PM, David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 11:11:02PM +0100, Jakob Reschke wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What about the endless debugger issues? Have any of the proposed fixes
>> (mostly by Christoph) been reviewed and accepted?
>

> I don't know.
>

>> If not, will it happen before the release?
>

> Hopefully the answer is
>
> _ _ ___
>

> There is a lot of good stuff waiting in the inbox, and the sooner we get
> the 5.3 release published, the sooner we can get to work on merging the
> inbox. So let's get it done and move forward :-)

+1. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.