[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 5.3 RC2

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Feb 27 09:05:00 UTC 2020

Hi, all!

> It looks really good to me :-)
> Nice job on the release notes too, I know that it takes a lot of time to do this well.

Thank you :-)

> And ... should we also cleanup EventStats in the HandMorph?

Yes, I just added that.

Yeah, those "----" entries are no #doIt and thus no code. In this case the Scanner invoked the SqNumberParser on 5.3rc2, which failed. I just fixed that by setting those "----" entries to #misc instead of #doIt.

> You might want to be even more aggressive when cleaning the Clipboard variables :)

Yes, I just did that.

> Just fixed this one in the inbox.

I did just change the clean-up without touching the Etoys package. It's a smaller fix. :-)

> Interestingly, there are still some relicts of The Worlds of Squeak in our 5.3 release candidate:

Thanks for looking into it! :-)

> Is it intended that the RC still has its update URL set to http://source.squeak.org/trunk [http://source.squeak.org/trunk] and that it does not use HTTPS?

Yes and yes.

> Do we need a nested folder in the ZIP file for Windows?

Yes. Best practice is that "extract here" should not spoil the directory you are currently in.

Best,
Marcel

Am 27.02.2020 01:13:52 schrieb David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>:
On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 06:08:14PM +0100, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
> Here you go:
>
> http://files.squeak.org/5.3rc2/Squeak5.3rc2-19422-64bit/ [http://files.squeak.org/5.3rc2/Squeak5.3rc2-19422-64bit/]
>
> http://files.squeak.org/5.3rc2/Squeak5.3rc2-19422-32bit/ [http://files.squeak.org/5.3rc2/Squeak5.3rc2-19422-32bit/]
>

> :-)
>
> Best,
> Marcel

It looks really good to me :-)

Nice job on the release notes too, I know that it takes a lot of time to do this well.

Dave