[squeak-dev] Unmerged trunk versions

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 22:15:34 UTC 2020

Hi Christoph, Happy New Year to you!  :)

> I see, it is a bit confusing to read these unmerged versions in a Trunk
> repo. Don't we have any guidelines for this? Usual git approach would be to
> push a revert commit ...

Seeing it in the trunk repo has to do with a bug in its cache-handling,
which should be fixed by Monticello-cmm.707.

Yes, Squeak does things a little differently.  MC's ancestry is an
integrated structure, with a resource demand similar to a public
blockchain.  Therefore, especially for the base system packages, emphasis
should be placed on keeping this permanently archived artifact as compact
as possible.  Thanks for your understanding.   :)

Best,
  Chris