[squeak-dev] SystemProgressMorph applyUserInterfaceTheme

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jan 6 14:43:29 UTC 2020

Hi Christoph.

> What are the considerations to hide all progress if the UI theme is changed?

I suppose "self reset" is just the simplest way to update all UI stuff according to the new theme. Feel free to write a better ui-update method.

Best,
Marcel
Am 13.12.2019 22:50:08 schrieb Thiede, Christoph <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:
Hi all, hi Marcel :-)

What is the purpose of the class-side #applyUserInterfaceTheme implementation in SystemProgressMorph?

SystemProgressMorph class >> applyUserInterfaceTheme
self reset.

Given the following snippet:

Project current uiManager informUser: 'Foo' during: [
Preferences changeFontSize: 0.
self halt]

Currently, the SystemProgressMorph has abandoned when a debugger appears. If I remove the class-side method from above, everything works as expected.
What are the considerations to hide all progress if the UI theme is changed?

Best,
Christoph