[squeak-dev] ProgressBar changes for 5.3

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 03:52:30 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 5:01 PM tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> Does anyone object to the suggestions I made for the progress bars? If no,
> I propose to move them to trunk soon.
>
> Proposed fix in inbox Morphic-tpr.1616

Would it be better to filter the repositioning
from SystemProgressMorph>>#reposition, rather than blocking the setting of
the domain value?

> Proposed improvement in inbox ToolBuilder-Kernel-tpr.135

The stated reason for it is:  "This should at least help with cases where a
notifier/conformer/informer pops up during a large package load and gets
hidden behind the progress bar morph."

Why not fix THAT then?  I just struggle with the idea of making Squeak's
progress bar look weird 100% of the time, by de-centering it, "just in
case" a problem happens 1% of the time.  Sorry Tim.   -1

 - Chris