[squeak-dev] new VM directory structure for 5.3

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Jan 11 13:08:53 UTC 2020

On Windows, I put the VM and related files (libraries, release notes, ...) into %ProgramFiles%. This has the advantage of a persistent file path that does not change and it's easy to find via OpenWith, so I can associate the VM with the .image filetype. It may be even more useful to put the VM into %LocalAppData% to get rid of UAC problems (the crash.dmp file is written into the same directory). From my point of view, an installer & updater for the VM would not be bad ...

Best,

Christoph