[squeak-dev] Squeak Oversight Board Election 2020

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 12:38:41 UTC 2020

Thanks you for your work

Edgar
@morplenauta

On 15/01/2020, 11:21, "Craig Latta" <craig at blackpagedigital.com> wrote:

Hi all--

     I'd like to serve on the Squeak Oversight Board in 2020 (wow,
> it
really does feel like Back to the Future now ;). I'm interested in
looking
> back, as we sometimes do, to plan for the 25th anniversary of
Squeak in
> 2021.

     I've also been on a wild ride forward and to the side, with
> Bert's
SqueakJS VM and the Caffeine project. They've brought me into
> contact
with many interesting Smalltalk, JavaScript, and
> livecoding-adjacent
technologies and communities. I want to continue hatching
> strange ideas
about them with my fellow board members, and with you.

> Once hatched, those ideas want to grow in our collaborative spaces.
I've been
> helping with the board meeting notes for some time, but we
haven't publicized
> them. I'd like to know how you'd like to see them
appear on the Squeak project
> blog, our mailing lists, and in our live
systems. Whatever we come up with
> will need to be done communally (each
of us is doing many other things), but
> I'd like to help us restart here.

     Another technical front I've been
> pushing recently is modularity
and team development. I'd like to get some more
> livecoders connected
this year.

     thanks again!
     Craig