[squeak-dev] WG: Your message to Beginners awaits moderator approval

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jan 17 18:00:10 UTC 2020

> On 2020-01-17, at 3:07 AM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> A large GIF (for a screencast) can cost up to 10 MB. It would be good if you could send a few of such GIFs without reaching the limit ...

No idea if it is still the case but I recall Apple (presumably for their own email service) used to have a mechanism where the large content of an email would get shunted to a storage location and when recipients looked at the mail it would be downloaded directly. So a slightly different approach to limiting email download sizes and handled a bit more neatly. We could probably do sometihng similar with our email server; pull out the large content, stick somewhere, substitute a URL, whatever.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Quo signo nata es? = What's your sign?