[squeak-dev] Changeset: ThisContext styling

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Jan 20 11:57:39 UTC 2020

Hi all! :-) Please have a look at the following changeset.

It provides correct styling (and auto-completion) of the ThisContext identifier in context-dependent styling environments.

<http://www.hpi.de/>

Before:
[cid:9f9d759b-3c59-4df4-b834-960b2ed70241]
After:
[cid:f444918f-09e6-4da1-84c5-d8598ae11b15]

Some notes:

  *   #doItInContextName still feels a bit too hard-coded, but I'm really not sure into which class this constant could belong instead.
  *   (OT, general to the concept of #DoItIn:: It feels a bit suboptimal that in the following example, you cannot access the temporary from the ContextVariableInspector code pane as it's shadowed:
[cid:0a3637a1-b870-49c8-892e-40b769b2ddb1]
But especially in this no-pattern scenario, choosing a different identifier to provide thisContext would be confusing either, hm ...
And if we merge this changeset<http://forum.world.st/Context-gt-gt-tempNamed-put-td5108016.html>, there will be also a cheap workaround, so maybe we already have the best solution?)
  *   The changeset also extends Autocompletion<https://github.com/MrModder/Autocompletion>, but of course, the changes in Trunk don't depend on Autocompletion. If you agree to merge the changeset, I will try to integrate the completion-specific changes into Autocompletion.

As always, any feedback is highly welcome! :-)

Best,
Christoph