[squeak-dev] Changeset: articles.1.cs

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jan 22 09:51:20 UTC 2020

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

> Further, the simple test for the next word starting with a vowel isn't as useful as it could be. Consider the case of an abbreviation or initialism such as 'FTD'. It should be 'an FTD'. Plenty of very confusing an not necessarily logical cases to get lost in!

Yes, but that's state of the art as well. There are even more exception: 'a honor' would also be wrong. Fixing them all might be indeed a multilingual problem, and I actually did not want to touch that issue. My only desire was to avoid this nasty duplication which indeed affects the readability of several #printOn: methods ...

Best,

Christoph