[squeak-dev] Squeak 5.3 flaps need reinitialising?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jan 24 18:09:34 UTC 2020

I just stumbled across an apparent state error in the 'objects' flap. When editing some swiki stuff about projects I found http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1015 and quickly tried to find the ProjectHistory  within the Navigation tab of the objects flap; said tab is empty in the 5.2 alpha image. You also won't find it in any of the tabs if you open the objects morph available via worldmenu->objects. It *is* however found in the alphabetic list (though you need to have updated the image to include the EToys-dtl.376 in order for the PDAMorph to work so the list of items beginning with $p can be found; fun!)

So I tried 'destroy all shared flaps' and 'install shared flaps' to see if it would correct this; nope, but at least in part because it no longer has a 'navigation' tab.

We can certainly argue that the specifics of not having the ProjectHistory morph accessible is not very important but I would suggest that we need to reinitialise the shared flaps as part of the release. In fact might it not be better to destroy them as part of the process so that they only get created when asked for?

Oh and the screen-edge handles for the flaps seem to get put in the wrong x position - way to the right of the desktop instead of the centre that I thought was expected?

tim
Useful random insult:- One chicken short of a henhouse.