[squeak-dev] #shouldBeImplemented vs #notYetImplemented

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Jan 25 00:13:10 UTC 2020

If a class has a method sending #shouldBeImplemented, then subclasses are
supposed to override that method, without modifying the superclass method.
It basically marks that class as abstract.

In contrast, #notYetImplemented indicates that the method itself should be
modified, replacing the #notYetImplemented send with the actual code.

- Bert -