[squeak-dev] scrollable menus (was Re: variable assignments button)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Jan 25 20:33:54 UTC 2020

> On 2020-01-25, at 11:48 AM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I think menus should become scroll-able if they overflow vertical space.
> I'm not sure how much work it would be to implement this though...

Absolutely. I fudged that for NuScratch by making a menu split and have  'more...' last entry if it would take up more than (I think) 75% of display height. OK for a quick solution but a proper scrollable menu would be superior.

Raspbian (the Raspberry PI OS) provides menus that have an up arrow at the top and a down at the bottom (not much use the other way round!) which work... meh. RISC OS menus gain a perfectly normal scroll bar if they need it. Much better.

tim
A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.