[squeak-dev] Found at last - swiki sources!

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jan 26 01:26:00 UTC 2020

Some time ago I asked if anyone knew where the sources for the swiki we use for wiki.squeak.org might be found and I'm pleased to report for the record that I may well have found them.

Whilst bumbling around the swiki hoping to tidy up some documentation I came across
http://wiki.squeak.org/swiki/15 "Downloading Swiki Servers". And lo, what did I find but actual downloadable packages that at least appear to be swiki code! My Ghast is well and truly Flabbered.

Notice how this page is quite different to most of the swiki pages. How it is locked in a different way. I think we're in the Twiglet Zone here folks... or at least a different wiki in the swiki.

So now the obvious question is whether it is interesting, practical and worthwhile to make use of this to create an updated version. IIRC we still run the swiki on an ancient vm & image set; perhaps it would be good to modernise?

tim
Abdicate (v.), to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.