[squeak-dev] Found at last - swiki sources!

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 00:31:30 UTC 2020

> On Jan 27, 2020, at 6:39 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> Chris - do you have any notes on the building of the system, code snippets etc? I note that the repository for the Swiki package is inaccessible these days. It really would be nice to get this updated to go on SqueakMap for insta-loading.

When was Squeak4.5? Five, six years ago? I haven’t looked at this in a while. I’ll need a bit of time to reflect.
I do seem to remember that the separation between application and data was pretty clear, so if you have a new application you can just point it to the right directory and it’ll set itself up. What I mean is if you wanted to replace the wiki.squeak.org <http://wiki.squeak.org/> you should be able to park a new application over the existing directory of files and just turn it on. Mark Guzdial is a professor after all.
Install from SqueakMap? I’ll have to think about it some.

Chris

Fun Loving Criminals - Scoobie Snacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQMDud01WPo