[squeak-dev] Found at last - swiki sources!

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jan 28 02:02:42 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 07:31:30PM -0500, Chris Cunnington wrote:

> > On Jan 27, 2020, at 6:39 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> >
> > Chris - do you have any notes on the building of the system, code snippets etc? I note that the repository for the Swiki package is inaccessible these days. It really would be nice to get this updated to go on SqueakMap for insta-loading.
>
> When was Squeak4.5? Five, six years ago? I haven???t looked at this in a while. I???ll need a bit of time to reflect.
> I do seem to remember that the separation between application and data was pretty clear, so if you have a new application you can just point it to the right directory and it???ll set itself up. What I mean is if you wanted to replace the wiki.squeak.org <http://wiki.squeak.org/> you should be able to park a new application over the existing directory of files and just turn it on. Mark Guzdial is a professor after all.
> Install from SqueakMap? I???ll have to think about it some.
>
> Chris

It might be a good idea to open a new squeaksource.com project to
capture the existing (old) swiki code in a Monticello package, and
then apply updates to that as we bring things up to date. The new
project should have a pointer back to http://wiki.squeak.org/swiki/15
along with credits to the original authors.

I notice also that Nicola Mingotti has quite recently added some
swiki enhancements in www.squeaksource.com/SwikiExtraUtils so it may
well be that a few people have swiki enhancements waiting to be
adopted.

Dave