[squeak-dev] Fixing the infinite debugger chains? (was: Code simulation error (was Re: I broke the debugger?))

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 28 20:24:29 UTC 2020

> <fix-infinite-debuggers.2.cs>

Interesting. I filed that into a 19230 image (because that's what I had running) and tried my PlumbingDemo-crash again. It *doesn't( make stepping over the break work but it *does* result in a clean new debugger on the debugger that shows the problem I reported with the Context>jump leading to Context>at: 0. More interestingly the #at: 0 problem is now a simple case of doPop->pop->at:->errorSubscriptBounds with no strange #at: failing to notice index = 0.

I'm still baffled by how this can be breaking so strangely; it's just the usual 'self break' at the beginning of a perfectly ordinary looking method. Maybe it's the whole Morphic drawing method thing. And clearly there is some interaction with Eliot's work on process-faithful debugging.

tim
Useful random insult:- One clown short of a circus.