[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-ct.937.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Wed Jan 29 17:27:02 UTC 2020

Christoph Thiede uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Tools-ct.937.mcz

Name: Tools-ct.937
Author: ct
Time: 29 January 2020, 6:26:57.711894 pm
UUID: 34af35bc-83e2-9b40-9aa3-8f6af607ac6e
Ancestors: Tools-mt.929

Fixes a styling issue in the Workspace that missstyled class variables from Object as invalid (that is DependentsFields). This is a bug because you can access DependentsFields indeed.

There is a subtle but important difference between the classOrMetaclass nil and the classOrMetaclass Object: The former does not respect any state for styling, but the latter respects class variables from Object (as well as, hypothetically, ProtoObject).

Please note that it would be even more accurate to specify nil class instead of Object here, but I don't know whether we really want to emphasize the nuances of UndefinedObject. It feels rather like an implementation detail for me, at least in this context. (Just imagine UndefinedObject had a UniqueInstance class variable - would we really to access it from any Workspace?) Open for opinions.

=============== Diff against Tools-mt.929 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Workspace>>aboutToStyle: (in category 'code pane') -----
  aboutToStyle: aStyler