[squeak-dev] Image damaged due to IO error while saving

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jan 30 13:18:22 UTC 2020

My suggestion is to just try some ideas in your own image and see
if it's something you want to live with. The intentions are good but
I have a feeling that this is the kind of thing where the inintended
side effects are worse than the problem to be solved.

In my own experience, I have encountered an IO error while saving
the image several times over the years. In every case, the cause has
been a file system full condition. A solution that uses more disc
space would not have been helpful.

Tim mentions using OSProcess, so you can try something based on
"UnixProcess saveImageInBackground" if you want.

Dave