[squeak-dev] AllocationTest>>#testOutOfMemorySignal fails on 32bit system

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jul 2 23:35:03 UTC 2020

On a Raspberry Pi OS 32bit this test fails because of an oversight - the parameter passed to vmParameterAt:put: cannot exceed SmallInteger maxVal. It makes the careful testing for 32/64bit image seem a bit silly.

This means we can only ask for up to ~1GB space for free space on a 32bit image system and so I propose to clamp the requested value in AllocationTest>>#setFreeSpaceLimitOf:around: There don't appear to be any other places right now that need attention.

If I don't hear any outraged screams soon I'll just commit it to trunk.

tim
Strange OpCodes: IG: Insert Garbage