[squeak-dev] SqueakSSL Error when updating my image

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon Jul 6 10:02:03 UTC 2020

> On 12.06.2020, at 15:35, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> maybe someone is interested in this error I received when updating my image this week in the debug console:
>
> LoadLibrary(SqueakSSL) (998: Unzuläÿssiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich.
>
> )
> LoadLibrary(SqueakSSL.dll) (998: Unzuläÿssiger Zugriff auf einen Speicherbereich.
>
> )
>
> Translated to English: SqueakSSL complains about an access violation twice. And by the way, at some point, there happens an interesting encoding error.
>
> Everything else seems to work, I just wanted to mention this warning. Is this an error in the plugin?

Rather in the way libs are loaded.
I don't know, This does not seem to be SqueakSSL specific, as it happens before the dll has been completely loaded (LoadLibrary):

This is from the respective file:

**************************************
  lstrcpy(libName,prefix);
  lstrcat(libName,baseName);
  lstrcat(libName,postfix);
  h = LoadLibrary(libName);
  if (h == NULL
#ifdef NDEBUG /* in production ignore errors for non-existent modules */
   && GetLastError() != ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND
#endif
      )
    vprintLastError(TEXT("LoadLibrary(%s)"), libName);
  return h;

But maybe it is the dll itself that does strange things during DllMain or so. I don't see why tho…

Best regards
	-Tobias