[squeak-dev] A note for implementers of email programs (was Re: Installer loading cryptography mcm files: used to work (I think) and doesn't now)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jul 12 18:01:47 UTC 2020

In the event that any of you ever have a go at writing an email program, I do urge you to make sure that there is a way to hook up a random number generator and a user editable list of sigline entries. It's not a complex concept but it produces so many moments of "wuh? how on earth did it make such an apposite choice?"

> On 2020-07-11, at 11:54 PM, John Pfersich via Squeak-dev <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> Don’t I wish that were possible...
>
> /—————————————————————/
> For encrypted mail use jgpfersich at protonmail.com - Free account at ProtonMail.com
> Web: https://objectnets.net and https://objectnets.org
> https://datascilv.com https://datascilv.org
>

>> On Jun 16, 2020, at 22:10, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>>

>>> On 17.06.2020, at 05:39, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> It'll do for today. Dang, that random sigline generator is on point today, too ...
>>>
>>> tim
>>> --
>>> tim Rowledge; tim at rowledge.org <mailto:tim at rowledge.org>; http://www.rowledge.org/tim <http://www.rowledge.org/tim>
>>> USER ERROR: replace user and press any key to continue.
>>
>> Just fell of my chair laughing :)
>> -t

tim
Dukedom: aristocratic birth control