[squeak-dev] squeak.sh appears unable to allow specifying a project/file

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 11:32:51 UTC 2020

On 18/07/20 4:39 pm, Robert Withers wrote:
>> This was patched recently. Does the version below solve your problem?
>>
>> https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app/blob/squeak-trunk/templates/linux/squeak.sh
> Would there be any chance of modifying the script to open a file chooser
> dialog so the user can select the image s/he wants to run? There is a
> squeak.sh out there somewhere that does this.

The script uses a file dialog only when required. It is skipped if an
image file is specified in the command line or a single image is found
in the shared/ directory or through SQUEAK_IMAGE env variable.

You can force a dialog by removing the if check in ensure_image function
in the script. or, move the *.image/*.changes file out of shared/ directory.

If you are developing an GUI app around Squeak, it is better to use XDG
*.desktop/*.mime files. Then you can either drag/drop an image onto the
app icon or open an image file through the file manager. They are very
easy to create. Let me know if you need examples.

Regards .. Subbu