[squeak-dev] Interested in Kafka?

Robert Withers robert.withers at pm.me
Sun Jul 19 13:44:15 UTC 2020

Hi Everyone!

I am writing this email to see if there are any folks out there who know
Kafka. I had heard of a wrapper to the producer and consumer interfaces,
but I lost this knowledge. Is there any work done in Squeak with Kafka?

My idea that I would be recruiting for, if welcomed, would be to
implement Kafka in Squeak. Start with defining the Log class and
proceed. Is anyone interested? This is prime work in the area of big
data, parallelized, fault-tolerant processing. Squeak can do this!

Is there any interest in this?

Kindly,
rabbit