[squeak-dev] triggering URLs from Squeak (was Re: trunk and new vm etiquette)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jul 22 17:34:00 UTC 2020

> On 2020-07-22, at 7:43 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Eliot,
>
> looks good. In "About Squeak", we point to "Visit https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm".

That reminds me; currently the system would complain about o web browser and offer this -

We can do better, for certain probably interesting definitions of the word 'better'. In Scratch we use the ScratchPlugin primitive primOpenURL: and that defers to platform code within the plugin. In unix-land it uses the slightly scary xdg-open facility; I have no idea what the equivalent might be for other platforms but surely it must be doable.

tim
I am still waiting for the advent of the computer science groupie.