[squeak-dev] Should I put my unofficial V3 versions of Squeak 5.2 and 5.3 on files.squeak.org?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 25 17:04:51 UTC 2020

A couple of years ago, I put a copy of a Squeak 5.2 image in V3 object
memory format on the squeakvm.org server, and I linked to it from the
project page at http://www.squeaksource.com/TrunkUpdateStreamV3. That link
has gone dead, and I think I recall someone noticing it a recently.

I still have the files, should I put them somewhere on files.squeak.org?
I was thinking of putting them under the "various_images" folder:

	files.squeak.org/various_images/squeak_V3_images/

I also have a V3 image that is up to date with the Squeak 5.3 release,
so I could put that on line as well.

These images will run under an up-to-date interpreter VM or a Cog VM. They
may be of interest to people doing VM work, benchmarking, or as a reference
to understand the image-side differences between Spur and V3.

Dave