[squeak-dev] Debugging of other processes with wait

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Tue Jul 28 19:23:46 UTC 2020

Am Mo., 27. Juli 2020 um 11:19 Uhr schrieb Marcel Taeumel
<marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:

> Could we always use the fallback code? Hmmm....

Would it help in this particular situation? "Primitive failed" is "not
fully functional" compared to a real Semaphore>>wait. And I doubt that
it would be right to put in some debugging stub in the fallback
implementation (e. g. a busy wait), though it might be okay. So the
general question would be: what to do when essential primitives are
encountered? And in particular the ones that will block...