[squeak-dev] 5.3, focus follows mouse, image "save as..."

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Jul 31 08:12:48 UTC 2020

And: Looking at the current implementation of FileSaverDialog, that "unaccepted changes"-triangle is used to let the user type in a file name and only after [cmd+s] check whether that name has the required suffix. [return] or [enter] both combine that behavior with a final accept-and-close in the dialog.

So, [cmd+s] is not intended to close the dialog. Just type in and hit [enter] or [return]. That is implemented via an event filter and works fine in Squeak 5.3 on Windows 10, too.

Yes, it would be possible the change the implementation to let [cmd+s] also close the dialog.

No, it is actually unrelated to the preference "mouse over for keyboard focus". Something else is going on in your image or platform. :-)

Best,
Marcel