[squeak-dev] Loading Seaside results in a number of Grease related code issues

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Fri Jul 31 16:47:16 UTC 2020

Hi Jakob,

Thanks for the help, pointers, and ideas.

I was having trouble last night using Squeak's native Monticello
tooling to access the FileTree/Cypress repo.  That is why I tried Git
Browser (and I will continue to experiment with it).  This morning,
with some fresh coffee, a fresh image, and a fresh "Installer
ensureRecentMetacello", those troubles have gone away.

I have filed ... erm, not really a bug or issue, but inquiry, hoping
Dale and/or someone else might be generous enough with their time to
help direct/guide w/r/t to timeStamps and diffs:

https://github.com/dalehenrich/filetree/issues/228

I'd also like to learn how to load packages (programmatically) via
Metacello from a local repo or working copy on disk, rather than
cloning fresh from an URL-based GitHub repo.  Not sure where to start,
there, or if you have any pointers.

I will come up with a (hopefully) replicable test case for the
extension methods and file a bug with Squot as you suggest.

Thanks again,
Tim