[squeak-dev] NOTICE | Duplicate Monticello version names

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Thu Jun 4 08:20:17 UTC 2020

Hi, there!

I notice several false duplicate version names between trunk and inbox. This can happen when you work on packages that only have one or the other configured in their repository group. Monticello checks uniqueness of names for all repositories in a group when saving a new version.

Am now quite sure how this can happen. Maybe because of a manual override of such names. Please don't do that. :-) A typical repository group with trunk, inbox, and package-cache can figure out, which new name to choose next:

We might want to change all repository groups to include the inbox repository by default. Let me add that to the release builder.

Best,
Marcel