[squeak-dev] Object>>printOn: refined.

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Jun 5 11:55:20 UTC 2020

Preference would be better than enforcing this change, IMO.

<http://www.hpi.de/>

> It may also be sufficient to show the first N digits of the hash.

Hm, how "unique" would that be? That could be confusing if you are inspecting two different objects that have similar hashes.

Just another idea (but this one would probably rather belong into a new tool): By sending an universal message such as #flash to an object, all open inspectors/explorers could visually signalize that they are referring to this particular instance. Maybe this message could be sent also automatically whenever you focus an inspector as well ... Similar to that feature you know from many editors to highlight all occurrences of the selected token, just with windows:
[cid:0f0d1ec3-df54-40e0-8ef0-5f2fa9581840]

Best,
Christoph