[squeak-dev] MC Configurations feature request

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 03:25:43 UTC 2020

Hmm.

So what would be the behaviour if the embedded config had the same package
specified as the outer config, but with a different version?

Easiest would be to just do them in order:
Load Package A.2
Load Embedded Config (which load Package A.1, and Package B.4)
Load Package B.3

At the end, you'd end up with A.1 and B.3.

Does the current (i.e., enhanced) version of Monticello configurations keep
track of the latest one loaded into the image?  And which repository it
came from?  If so, this shouldn't be excessively hard.

However, please never ever do this in the main trunk configuration map!

-cbc