[squeak-dev] Image not startable after save

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sat Jun 6 15:33:16 UTC 2020

Am Sa., 6. Juni 2020 um 17:25 Uhr schrieb Thiede, Christoph <
Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:

> How did you hit on that?

That I tried the same copy of the VM from another folder at all is because
I have the unpacked zips lying around and always copy the current VM that I
use to a different folder, where the Windows file association looks for it.
So when I switch VMs, I won't have to tell Windows again how to open these
.image files...

I compared the folders with a merge tool (after renaming my Squeak64.exe
.ini and .manifest back). All the binary files are equal, and
Monticello/Metacello cache folders, the default image and changes file,
debug logs, and crash dumps aside, the only meaningful difference left was
eventually the presence of the sources file.